Curt Zirzow wrote:

> > Ok, i didn't really think it would but might have shown a obvious
> > bug with mysqli.
> >
> > According to your original post it was odd that the update prepared
> > statment didn't complain about a NULL value, but the insert did,
> > and it does seem to be related to bind_param and prepare.
> >
> > What are your versions of:
> >   php?
> >   mysql_client php is built with?
> >   mysql server you are connecting to?

I've alread a solution, just forgot to post here  :)
Anthony gave me the hint as he sent me a list of the datatypes accepted
by bind_param and so I checked the datatypes of the variables and have
seen that $auction_house["id"] was a string and not an integer.
After I converted it to an integer, it works properly.

I don't know exactly why it worked if I did bind_param in the loop but I
think it's because it saw there that I gave him a string and converted
it automatically to integer.

-- Regards Julius Hacker http://www.julius-hacker.de
[EMAIL PROTECTED] OpenPGP-Key-ID: 0x4B4A486E