Gentil de Bortoli Júnior wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Gentil de Bortoli Júnior [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 9 March 2006 2:01 pm
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] PHP + MMS Live Streaming + Protect URL.

Hello, guys.

I have a little problem here and I would like to know if you
have any idea about how to handle it.

I have an URL which is streaming a live TV channel and I need to
implement, using PHP, some kind of validation to allow that only
one person (login) watch it. I mean, multiple logins are not allowed.

So far, so good.

My problem is that the URL can be copied and pasted. I'm trying to
figure it out how to hide and/or protect this URL to permit only
logged in people can see the streaming.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance and excuse me about my English.

George Pitcher wrote:

Hi,

I would use a cookie. That cookie is set on an earlier page (during
login  validation?). On the page that streams the broadcast, check
for the contents of the cookie and if not valid, redirect browser to
log-in page.

I do this for some copyright material on my sites.

Thanks, George. But I think I should give you more information about
my situation.

This URL is being provided by a Windows server.

Let's suppose that it is something like "mms://my.windows.server/live".

So, my job is to avoid this URL can be copied and pasted by someone
which is not authorized (logged in).

The main problem is that I don't have any kind of control over
Windows server or over that URL.

Even using cookies or some kind of session control, someone will still
be able to see this URL and simply paste it in another browser and
starts to watch the streaming.

Actually I don't know if what I'm trying to do is possible.

That's why I'm asking you.

Use htaccess?

--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)