To: <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Re: umlaut problem in firefox

Andy wrote:
My problem still remains open!!!! Help!!!

I noticed that if the umlauts are received correctly but they are not submitted in the right way.
For a ö I receive a POST as: ö

 From the DB I get the text correctly.

The DB encoding is : iso-8859-1.

Now, the strange thing is that is does not appear ALWAYS and only sometimes
and only in firefox.
So.. I cannot really reproduce the error every time.... which is hard to
debug.

-snip-
POST as: ö
-snap-

This is Unicode UTF-8 encoding.

If this error occours again check the following:
added tag in HTML:

If this is set check if the browser is set correctly:
View -> charencoding/websitencoding
Check if it is set to Western ISO 8859-1

check how it is given out in the sourcecode.

check if there are entries which have an other kollation than the other entries.

This is what i can think of.
--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)