Jay Blanchard wrote:

[snip]
Okay, I'm sorry.  Dude, you touched a soft spot.  It's important, to me,

that people respect standards. The wealth of information and communication possibilities that exist today is, in no small part, fueled by the adoption of international standards.
[/snip]

That's cool. As far as web development is concerned there are no
'standards', only 'recommendations'. If we had standards we would have
fewer problems with differences between browsers.
Sometimes I wish we did have mandatory standards. Punishable by hanging nonconforming implementations implementors' by their thumbs. :-) But then I close Internet Explorer, and I suddenly feel well again.