On 20-Mar-06, at 4:40 PM, Richard Lynch wrote:

On Mon, March 20, 2006 5:04 pm, René Fournier wrote:
<form method="POST" target="SI" action="http://
www.website.com"><input type="hidden" name="signindetails"
value="serialized and htmlentitized array values..."><input

What does this value actually look like?

How long is it?

Is mail wrapping it to 72 characters with a newline, thereby breaking
the data up?

Though you would still get some POST data, just not what you thought...

Actually, neither the form, nor the data seems to matter. I've copied in simple forms from elsewhere, and the only determining factor so far is:

If the form is submitted from a web browser, the POSTed data IS available/visible (print_r) in the new web page. If the form--that is, any form--is submitted from an email client (any email client), the POSTed data IS NOT available/visible in the new web page.

So... I can think of three explanations:
1. The email client (Mail or Outlook Express) is stripping the POST data on Submit. 2. The web browser (Safari, Firefox) is stripping incoming POST data if it's coming from outside the application. 3. PHP somehow knows if the form data is being POSTed from inside the web browser or not (and fails on the latter).

Weird.

...Rene