On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:51:32 -0600 (CST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Richard Lynch") wrote:

> On Sat, March 18, 2006 12:36 pm, Rostislav Krasny wrote:

> > Why there is no newline afer " <p>Hello World</p>" ?
> > Is it a PHP bug or the tutorial should be updated?
>
> The tutorial is imprecise, and glosses over this detail.
>
> For very good reasons, ?>[newline] ignores the trailing [newline]
> character.
>
> If you want the newline, you should do:
>
> <?php
>   echo "<p>Hello World</p>\n";
> ?>

Thanks for replying. You're suggesting an obvious but not so handy
workaround of this feature. Jim Lucas, in his reply, pointed me out to
much easier one. He suggested just to add a space after the "?>". I'm
wondering why this trivial thing isn't known to all and wasn't well
documented.