I have given a task to create a site which is a clone of www.onelook.com.
As a first stage I have downloaded a list of English words (only words not
meaning)
in a text format. I have created a data structure in the mysql database. And
wrote the
following code to insert data into the table at the run time.

The code:

<?php
 $counter = 0;
 $conn=mysql_connect(" ");/*with the required parameters*/
 if(!conn)
 {
  die('could not connect:'.mysql_error());
 }
 echo "connection sucess\n";
        $file_op = fopen("my_dic.txt","r");
  while(!feof($file_op) && $file_op != NULL)
  {
   $funct_var = fgets($file_op);
   while($funct_var)
   {

                                $qure = "INSERT INTO dict VALUES
($counter,'$funct_var')";
                $str =  mysql_query($qure);
    $counter++;
    return;
   }
   fclose($file_op);
  }

?>

The connection is successful but the data are not getting inserted into the
table. I need to insert all the words into the table.
When I change the insert statement with one insert at a time, I can  insert
values to the database. For exampel:

$qure = "INSERT INTO dict VALUES (1,'apple')";

 Do I need to check the formatted data in the file?

Can any one help me in this regard?

I have been working in VC++ for some time.