Jon Anderson wrote:
I've been looking at a problem with our software. It uses Flash with SOAP to connect to a PHP backend. It seems to work okay, except that at the TCP level, the client keeps initiating new connections for every soap request rather than using a single connection for multiple requests. One possible reason for this is that the server sends a "Connection: close" HTTP header after the first request. I've been trying to find a way to control this from PHP (or Apache) - anyone know a way around that kind of thing?

That's the design of http - it's stateless. Each connection is treated separately and as such closes itself when it's finished.

If you want to keep it open you'll need to create your own "service" that listens to a port and responds accordingly - which can be quite a lot of work.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.sockets.php

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/