From: tedd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 March 2006 00:42
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: RE: [PHP] Why does this work on one server, but not another?

Hi gang:

Okay, another update:

I tried all sorts of combinations of assorted functions as well as
reading every source I could find. I won't bore you with the details
-- but, this is as far as I've gotten.

For storing an image into MySQL I simply used:

$image_large = mysql_real_escape_string($buffer);

Then for displaying the image, I use:

if (get_magic_quotes_gpc())
        {
        $fileContent = stripslashes($fileContent);
        }

This now works for the server that didn't work before. However, the
other server now doesn't show an image unless I comment out
stripslashes($fileContent) statement -- and then it works. So, I have
found solutions for both servers, just not one solution that works
for both servers.

Remember, both servers show "magic_quotes_gpc" as ON. The only
difference I see between them is that "magic_quotes_runtime" is ON
for one server and is OFF for the other -- would that make a
difference?

What say you now?

tedd

http://www.eset.com