No it was not. If I save it with UFT8 encoding it works well.
So, do I have to convert all the files to UTF8 encoding?
Is there an easy way to do that?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jasper Bryant-Greene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Andy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Switching to UTF-8. Need help.

Is the file saved in UTF-8 encoding (the PHP script itself)?

Jasper

Andy wrote:
This is my code:
<?php
   $str = "öüéööööéééÉooOOúúúú";
   echo $str;
   echo "<br>";
   echo utf8_encode ($str);
?>

????????????????????
öüéööööéééÉõõÕÕúúúú

I tried all the ways:
and
<?php header('Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8');?>
etc.

The first echo... is not showed correctly.
The second (with the encoding function) works well.
In php.ini the default encoding is UFT-8. The webserver sends the correct
encoding.

By default the browser(tested on IE and firefox) sees as UFT-8 encoding for
the page. If I output the string with utf8_encode function than it wroks
well. But... it this the solution??? I don't want to modify the whole
project.

Best regards,
Andy.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Lynch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>