On 27/03/06, Jonathan Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I posted this on the Zend.com forums but have not been able to get a
> response yet.  So I decided to ask the people that know.
>
> I do not understand the need for an optimizer.  What exactly is Zend
> Optimizer optimizing?  If it is changing my code, then how about if I just
> learn how to code better?  Is that all that Zend Optimizer is doing?
> Making my code better?

There is no good reason to use ZO unless you have bought code that
requires it, and the code has been encrypted to require it.

If you run your own server, you would be far better served with
something to actually speed your code, like APC
(http://pecl.php.net/apc) or Eaccellerator (http://eaccelerator.net/)
that is a compiled-code cache.  And then learn how to write good code
as well.

Alister