tedd wrote:
In cPanel one can schedule cron jobs.

In the command line box, what command do you enter to run a php script?

John answered:

Same way you run any other app. If it's in your path, you can just type the filename of the app, if not, give it the path...

phpscript.php

/path/to/phpscript.php

John:

That was the first thing I tried, namely.

email_me.php   <-- it's just a script that emails me.

Then I put in the complete url:

http://www.xn--ovg.com/email_me.php

Since then (following leads), I've tried these commands:

GET http://www.xn--ovg.com/email_me.php
php -f -q /home/tedd/public_html/email_me.php
# /usr/bin/php -q /home/tedd/public_html/email_me.php
/usr/bin/php -q /home/tedd/public_html/email_me.php
/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php -q /home/tedd/public_html/email_me.php
/usr/local/lib/php -q /home/tedd/public_html/email_me.php
/usr/local/lib/php -q -f /home/tedd/public_html/email_me.php

and a couple of dozen others with a cron job to be run every minute -- and nothing has worked.

I've been at this since late yesterday until 3:00 am and from 7:00 am to now. I have read scores of posts, articles, searched a dozen of php books, and couple of manuals and I can't get any suggestion/examples to work.

If nothing else, at least I'm persistent. I just wish I could be right more often.

Thanks for any suggestions.

tedd