Joe Wollard wrote:
Leave poor Zouari alone! I for one think that Microsoft buying Zend would be the best thing to happen to PHP, EVAR! This Rasmus guy didn't even mean for PHP to be what it is, he just wanted something simple and now look at it. It's WAY to complex for an unorganized bunch of hobbyists to maintain. I'm personally looking forward to the way they'll clean things up. Who knows, maybe once they've got PHP under control we won't need these security 'experts' like Chris Shifflett any more because would be hackers won't be able to see the source code, which of course means they won't be able to find vulnerabilities. You guys just need to give up on this open source hippie dream and let Microsoft change things for the better - who cares if Stephen King thinks they are working in conjunction with the Crimson King and that they might build robots that will someday take over the world and more or less 'suck the s-m-r-t' out of 50% of the worlds twins? He looks creepy anyway.

 - and a happy April fool's to all ;-)

Here's assuming that was a joke so I won't get into the factual errors. I wonder how Zend and the other core developers will feel about being referred to as "an unorganized bunch of hobbyists".

-Stut