On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 15:32 -0800, Angelo Zanetti wrote:
> Ive developed a site and now I've come to the stage where I need to test each
> textfield on each form for illegal characters that have been inputted.
> I would like to know from some of you how you go about it?

In our framework, we use a few methods, depending on what needs to be
done in what way...

If you look at our wiki module, we use AJAX to check for valid PageNames
when using SmashWordsTogether. In our other forms we use a form
validation object that checks for numeric, alphanumeric, textonly etc on
form submission.

It sounds as though the AJAX route is more what you are looking for. If
you would like some help let me know, or ask on our developers list.

You can check it out at any one of our sites. Try registering and adding
a page to the wiki at http://fsiu.uwc.ac.za/ for an example of the AJAX
validation

--Paul