Hey

<CLIP>
>Carlin Bingham / Tedd:
>-----------------------
>Yes, but then I would have to reload the whole page just to tell the person
>that the account username was already taken...thats how its "traditionally"
>done...but I want to try doing it without reloading the whole page...hence
>Asynchronous JavaScript And XML (AJAX) although the XML part at the end is
>not really too accurate because from what I see you can (and i have)use
>AJAX without any XML...in my case it would be AJAH or AJAT (H=HTML, T=TEXT)
>:-p

Okay, you don't need to stick your tongue out -- I know what ajax is.

Please review:

http://www.xn--ovg.com/ajax

Is that what you want? If so, contact me privately and I'll provide
you with the code. It's pretty simple really.
</CLIP>

Hehe, didnt mean anything about sticking out my tongue or writing what
A.J.A.X stands for...
except it kind of sounded intelligent and hey, why should Jay, Chris, Rasmus
(to name three off the
top of my head) be the only ones to say really intelligent (and intelligent
sounding) stuff? :-D

Thanks for the link, examples and offer for the code, will get back to you
about it as am still testing
YAHOO!'s package and four others that seem quite good...each have they own
advantages and disadvantages,
I'm quite happy I took the time to check out different systems/packages
instead of sticking to the most
popular one or most widely used one etc now i can settle on the best one for
my requirments...
BTW, while we are on the subject....which one do you use?

Cheers!