"SED" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I make a whole website based on one PHP-navigation file with links like
> "index.php?id=123", will all the search engines who crawl the websites be
> able to follow it and index?

A lot of them won't index pages with query strings (the part after the "?").
I posted a message in a similar thread earlier this month with more details
and some strategies to generate URLs that make search engines happy.  The
post is at the first URL below.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=98618455619989&w=2

Here are links to other similar threads I've replied to - read all of each
thread for the full picture.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=98754380108909&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=96578812203470&w=2

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC