take the following code and do some experimentation:

<?

echo '<pre>';
echo "POST vars: \n";
var_dump($_POST);
echo "GET vars: \n";
var_dump($_GET);
echo '</pre>';

?>

stick that in your page that contain the form and start playing with
different form fields, different form fields names, etc, etc - everytime you
submit you'll know see what's being submitted.

enjoy

William Stokes wrote:
Hello,

Probably a stupid one but anyway...

In PHP. Is it possible to point to a variable with the HTML form name by which it was posted from?

Example:

//point to the variable with something like or somenthing???
$AddNew.SomeVar

this is not asp.NET/asp.NOT, so "no" to that question.

god only knows what you mean by the form examples below...

<form name="AddNew" method="post" action="<? $PHP_SELF ?>">
$SomeVar = "Add";
</form>

<form name="DeleteOld" method="post" action="<? $PHP_SELF ?>">
$SomeVar = "Del";
</form>

Or do I just have name the variables uniquely?

I would, in general, recommend calling every $x. ;-)

Thanks
-Will