Peter Lauri wrote:
[···]
1. Fill out a form on a web page
2. Lands on a thank you page and force a download of a pdf

Right now I solve this by outputting the thank you page and then using a
javascript to redirect to the download.php that consist of the following:

header('Content-type: application/pdf');
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="eguide.pdf"');
readfile('http://www.thedomain.com/download/eguide.pdf');
Unfortunally it seams like some browsers blocks my javascript that redirects
to that address. If JavaScript is enabled, this works fine.

How would you solve this? Any method in PHP? I was hoping to be able to do
the thing that download.php does in the same file as the output of my thank
you page.

So... why don't you do it that way? I have a function similar to your code (for "sending" the file) and call it whenever I need it in the 'main' page (no special page for download used) You may want to try yourself
--
Atentamente,
J. Rafael Salazar Magaña