On Tue, April 25, 2006 4:47 pm, Stut wrote:
> 3b) User clicks on a normal link, goes to another page then hits
> back...
> user sees an evil-looking and unexpected question asking whether to
> resubmit the form values. Most users I know will hit OK because they
> don't understand it. This is bad, form gets submitted again.

It's only "bad" if your application is silly enough to accept that
duplicate information twice in a row, and it shouldn't have accepted
it...

> In the
> case
> where they hit cancel instead they end up with an error message and
> have
> effectively left your site... also very bad.

Aroo?

How does cancel effectively "leave my site"?

They're still ON my site.

> In my most humble opinion, any post handler that doesn't do a redirect
> after processing the form is bad. Hope that made sense.

In my opinion, since the user CAN manage with fast-clicking, to
"catch" the processing script before the redirect, and because they
can STILL manage to re-submit the form, without the NORMAL browser
behaviour they have come to expect, you're just BREAKING browser
functionality, without actually solving the problem 100%...

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, hunh?

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm