Will,

Seems to me like you've just done it! Here's another way of doing it that
will utilize mysql_fetch_assoc() to allow your query to dictate the elements
of the array. Keep in mind, I haven't tested this, but since I'm not
entirely sure what you are asking the list, I'll offer it anyway ;-)

<?php
/*...do connection stuff here...*/
$sql = "SELECT sortteri,jouk_id,jouk_nimi FROM x_table ORDER BY sortteri
ASC";
$result = mysql_query($sql);
$num = mysql_num_rows($result);
$Team = null; //We'll fill this up later - gotta love PHP ;-)

// loop over each row in the result set
for($i=0; $i<$num; $i++){
    $tmp = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);

    // loop over each column in the current row
    while(list($key, $val) = each($tmp))
       $Team[$key][$i] = $val;
}
// display the contents of the $Team array
print_r($Team);
?>