From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:37 PM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] New Help with Javascript Navigation

At 01:36 PM 4/26/2006, Warren Vail wrote:
"PHP appears to me to be incomplete unless it can provide a way to provide
client (browser) side executables in a consistent language, namely PHP.
Developers get all excited about the elegence of the PHP language, and
somewhere along the way they discover they have been sandbagged (they have
to learn Javascipt too, if they want responsive GUI's).

"One solution would be to develop a PHP Plugin and support that for all the
browsers out there, but another just occurred to me.  What if there was a
function that accepted PHP code as input and tranlated it to Javascript,
returning the resulting text ready for imbedding in html?"

Nice idea, although "sandbagged" sounds like an exageration: becoming fluent
in both PHP & JavaScript is hardly a major life challenge.  When I finally
learned PHP I was delighted at how syntactically similar it was to
JavaScript, compared say to the difference between JavaScript & VBscript.
Perhaps my most common mistake in writing in both PH & JS is that I tend to
use . as a concatenation operator in JavaScript these days...