dirs named in include_path should not have a slash at the end. and don't forget
include the DOT as one of your include pathes e.g.

ini_set('include_path', '.:/the/rest');

can you send the list of requires you do [again] (and state where the files
are actually living on disk)  - I'm on 3 hours of sleep here so help me to help
you kind of thing.

also try doing it with an 'include' iso a 'require' - might give you a
different [more helpful] error.

Nick Wilson wrote:
* and then Jochem Maas declared....

check directory permission, check the include_path is being set,
check the include path is actually correct (I take it you have a good
understanding how include_path works).

I often think along those lines - 5 seconds later I often get a bite in the ass
;-)

Good call on dir perms, but yes, they appear to be fine. I *think* i
have a good understanding of include_path but here's the error which
quotes the include path so you/others can tell me for sure:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../config.inc.php'
(include_path='/var/www/localhost/vhosts/ads.communicontent.com/:/var/www/localhost/vhosts/ads.communicontent.com/admin:/var/www/localhost/vhosts/ads.communicontent.com/libraries:/var/www/localhost/vhosts/ads.communicontent.com/libraries/resources')
in /var/www/localhost/vhosts/ads.communicontent.com/admin/config.php on
line 34

and here's the line that sets it:

ini_set('include_path',
PARTNERS_MAX_PATH.':'.PARTNERS_MAX_PATH.'admin'.':'.PARTNERS_MAX_PATH.'libraries'.':'.PARTNERS_MAX_PATH.'libraries/resources');

and the definition of the constant in there:

// where max is installed (include / )
define("PARTNERS_MAX_PATH","/var/www/localhost/vhosts/ads.communicontent.com/");

also look into the magic constant __FILE__ and the functions dirname()
and realpath(). read the manual regard how to use 'include_path'

No, the ideal is to not touch the config.php file or any of the other

I would say fix the config file so that it can figure out where everything
is regardless of whether your using a vhost or stuck in subdir of some other
vhost. but thats just me :-)

Ordinarily i'd agree. We want to be able to update this set of third
party maintained scripts easily though, hence writing a layer to
interact with it rather than hack the core code.
Hope that all makes sense!

thanks