#1.
Build a page that just does:
<?php phpinfo();?>

Where does that page claim that your php.ini file is located?

#2.
Is that were your php.ini file is located?
If not, MOVE your php.ini file to that directory.

#3.
Does phpinfo() show the settings for display_errors that you think you
set?
If #1 and #2 are all worked out, this SHOULD be correct...

#4.
In the line before where your error message is appearing, add this:
echo "Error reporting has been set to: ", error_reporting(), "<br />\n";
echo "Display errors has been set to: ", ini_get('display_errors'),

There are only so many ways that this can get messed up, really...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm