A brace on its own line doesn't make sense to me.

Satyam

As the old lady said, as she kissed the cow "To each their own."

It make perfect sense to me to enclose all blocks of code within braces on their own line AND to indent that entire segment, like so.

function, if, while, switch, whatever...
  {
  // code
  }

But, like I said -- to each their own. The above just makes sense to me and that's what this entire thread should be about -- do whatever makes you comfortable and productive.

The last thing I would want is to have someone tell me what style I *must* use.

tedd