Nicolas Verhaeghe wrote:
Thanks to all the messages let me answer to all of them at once.

First, I'd like to have a dedicated Linux server, but I cannot have too many
machines in my home office, unfortunately. I also develop ASP Web sites and
I find that PHP is usually IIS compatible.

*usually*

 besides apache on windows is also possible - and running 2 webservers is also
not a problem.

There is no reason why I should not run PHP on IIS on a Windows machine.

many beg to differ. :-)

Also the site works perfectly on Apache hosted on a Linux box.

This include problem is therefore not server related.

It therefore has to be a Zend issue.

it works on LAMP but not on WIMP zo it must be Zend - I think I missed something
in the logic there, heh it's late ;-)

The Zend debugger will accept the links to the includes when I call the
include from the include point of view itself.

Meaning that if the calling include is in the "includes" folder, and the
called include in the same folder, Zend will expect it to be called this
way:

include("include.php");

But this previous code will not work on the IIS or Apache server, which
expect the following:

include("includes/include.php");

And this wherever you are on the server.

is your include path changing at some point?

I think there is something that I need to fix in Zend itself.

Zend is closed source, so that is going to be tough and with regard to
your env. Zend [debugger] should be completely agnostic - things should run the
same with or without it.

I also wonder if I could not redefine the include folder locally, so that
both Zend and the API picks it up and agree with each other.

Do you think that an .htaccess could do the job? I had problems with such a
file on Windows.

not if your using IIS. or are you now using Apache - I'm really confused!

Otherwise I like Zend as an editor so far but I'd love to be able to use all
the features.

run the debugger on a local apache - I swear to <pick a deity> that it will be
alot
more stable.