Marten Lehmann wrote:
Hello,

is there any function in PHP which binds to libidn? I found only a PEAR-project, but PEAR-projects are often beta and not as stable as PHP-builtin functions.

that statement is rather baseless.

the extension you refer to may be marked as EXPERIMENTAL but that doesn't mean
it doesn't work - and you either misquotes or there is a PEAR package,
but I think you mean to refer to the PECL package here:

http://pecl.php.net/package-info.php?package=idn&version=0.1

why not install it and test if it is stable enough to use - it does seem
to be rather dated but then again it only exports 2 functions and
their description suggests that the functionality could well have not changed
in all that time.

Regards
Marten