On 04 May 2006 13:52, John Wells wrote:

> On 5/4/06, Brad Bonkoski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Will this also work with an associative array?  If this is what he
> > is talking about, I tried it and it does not work....
> >

> I think you're correct.  This is because PHP arrays are a "mash-up"
> (as Jochem put it) of numerical indexes/hashtables/assoc.
> arrays/etc....

They're not even that. They're pure associative arrays, or maps -- it's just
that integer keys are treated somewhat specially so that an array with *only*
integer keys will look like a traditional array.

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm