From: Angelo Zanetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:53 PM
To: Peter Lauri
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] Mail and hotmail

Peter Lauri wrote:
Best group member,

I am sending email to a hotmail thru PHP. When I send it like this it
arrives (in the junk mail, but it arrives):

mail('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', 'A nice subject', 'Some text');

It works well, but I want to change the FROM header so I do this:

mail('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', 'A nice subject', 'Some text', 'From: Peter
Lauri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>');

This email does not arrive to the Hotmail inbox.

If I send to a regular email, like Google Email (gmail) or a regular POP3
it
arrives without problems.

Anyone who has experienced this problem with sending emails to Hotmail?
And
how do you solve it?

Best regards,
Peter Lauri

 you need to set your mail headers for the mail to be assumed valid,
namely:
X-Sender
From
Date