Hello,

I have been working to develop the Back-end CMS on Sourceforge:
        https://sourceforge.net/projects/back-end/

I'm running into a bit of a difficulty though folks trying to run the
code in a windows environment.

To get around the problem with search engines tripping over the ?'s the
latest code is now using virtual directories to pass the category and
article ID.  It looks better and provides a shorter URL as well!

Unfortunately, it is harder for folks to understand.  Especially when
they are trying to install this at home on a local windows machine
rather than on a linux server....

I suspect that either Apache or PHP hasn't been configured correctly as
this works on the windows servers:
        http://127.0.0.1/main_file.php?/Articles/4/
but this does not:
        http://127.0.0.1/main_file.php/Articles/4/

The latter has no problems like this on a number of other servers.

I set up this test script to output the various variables that would be
called on in this script:
http://www.openconcept.on.ca/htdocs/main_file_test.php/Articles/4

In the servers that are providing the errors, neither the Category
variables or the Article ID's show up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting, http://openconcept.ca
Offering everything your organization needs for an effective web site.