Rolf Wouters schrieb:

Try adding some flush() calls to the script. That might get the browser to display some content.. Don't know whether it will work though.
That's something I haven't tried yet, so thanks for the tip.

You should show some progress bars or smiliar.
Having a blank page for too long might ppl to do an abort and the script gets f***ed up.

Better is to show some "please wait while copying" or something.
Let him know what you do and probably show it like:

Starting copying:
|:-> OOOOOOOOOO <:-< 100%
Finished Copying.

Starting generating XML stuff please wait:

And so on.

There are some really nasty outputs you can generate while the user has to wait.

And you wouldn't have a blank page anymore.

Greets
        Barry
--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)