Hi John

Thank you, I have just got it working now, will look into the different ways
you suggested.

Adrian wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I have been trying to have PHP capture incoming emails sent to a specific
> email account and have not been able to achieve this, I have searched high
> and low on the internet and the same article
> ( <http://www.evolt.org/article/Incoming_Mail_and_PHP/18/27914/index.html>
> http://www.evolt.org/article/Incoming_Mail_and_PHP/18/27914/index.html) is
> plastered everywhere I have done everything it says, and still no joy,
>

> When I send an email to be captured I receive this bounce back email when
> sending an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (see below)
>

> Can any one let a hand?
>

> Bounce back email:

> |/wwwroot/www.domain.com/ade/email.php
>
>     (reason: 255)
>
>     (expanded from: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

> No input file specified.
>
> 554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 255

> Here is how I have everything setup.
>

> I have my aliases file set up with the line: ade: |/usr/bin/php,
> |/wwwroot/www.domain.com/ade/email.php

Why are you passing it to the php binary?  Pass it directly to your
script (make sure it's executable).  For shits and giggles, do a 'which
php' at the command line to make sure the binary is in /usr/bin.

> (The path to my PHP is correct)
>

> And the script it calls (email.php) the code is:
>

> #!/usr/bin/php
>
> <?php
>
> $fd = fopen("php://stdin", "r");

There's also an easier way to do this.  Check the manual:
 <http://us2.php.net/manual/en/features.commandline.php>

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ܢerGeek)