IraqiGeek wrote:

Hi all,

I'm somewhat new to php, though I have played a bit with the language. I'm currently learning the language, and I'm having a problem passing variables through "URL query". Here is what I have:

A simple HTML file that contains:
<A HREF="test.php?var=test"> Hi, this is a test! </A>

and a php file that contains:
<?php
echo( "Welcome to our Web site, $var!" );
?>

try
echo "Welcome to our website, $_GET['var']";

However, when I click on the link on the HTML file, I dont get the value of $var passed to the php script. I have also tried passing multiple variables separated by &, and none of those gets passed to the php script.

The files are hosted on a local Debian etch server running apache 2.0.54 and php 4.3.10.

Is there something I need to check/change in the config files of apache or php?

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com

Boat: A hole in the water surrounded by wood into which one pours money.

--
Jason Gerfen
Student Computing Labs, University Of Utah

"I will never tolerate your innocence"
~ Blood has been shed