On Thu, May 11, 2006 3:16 pm, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> I am attempting to send SMS via an e-mail message....and it works!
> *phew* <phonenumber>@sms.myserver.com
>
> Problem is that the reply to or from field on the device always shows
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] regardless of what I have set the Replay-To: or
> From: headers. PHP runs as nobody, so this makes sense....kinda'. So I
> tried ini_set() and regardless of that the From: is always nobody. How
> can I fix this? I am trying many things right now, but my stomach
> hurts
> and my eyes are buggin'...if anyone can help let me know!

First:
Does it work with regular email going to a regular account?
Almost-for-sure it will, but let's be methodical about eliminating
"D'oh" mistakes.

Next:
Is there an SMS spec somewhere with some OTHER header they want for
"From" / "Reply-to" / "Error-to" / "X-SMS-From" or something?
You have to put in effort on this to eliminate the possibility that
you're just missing some goofy SMS header.

Next:
Try it with different SMS clients and devices and...
Maybe it's just one SMS client/device/server

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm