Hey,
Heres my setup, I have a directory full of files and I
get a request with an array of filenames
For this example:
a.txt
b.txt
c.txt

if the above files dont already exist I need to create
them (I am using touch() instead of fopen())

My question is which would you recommend, doing a
readdir() and getting all the existing filenames in an
array then doing a loop to see which exists and create
the others OR

just taking the new filenames, doing a while/for loop
with a files_exists() on each and then creating the
files....

I am favouring the second approach as in the first
approach there are a lot of files the array could be
pretty big which would cause other problems, but I
would rather be corrected now if my thinking is
flawed.

Your advise appreciated.

Thanks!
Ryan

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=bXVzaWNndTc%3D