On Sat, May 13, 2006 9:23 am, php @ net mines wrote:
> is there a way to upload large files (e.g. 15mb) without changing the
> default settings in php.ini***?

Probably not.

This particular setting is "weird" in that the setting is the SMALLEST
of:
php.ini
.htaccess
The HTML INPUT thingie (MAX_UPLOAD_SIZE ?)

I believe this is intentional so that a webhost can limit uploads and
a client of the webhost can limit it "more" but can't over-ride the
webhost's limit.

At least, that was my assumption when I played around with this way
back when.

After I asked my webhost to increase the size, it got taken care of,
and I never checked again...

> Preferably by using php, but if not is there another web tech (e.g.
> Java
> applets) that will allow me to do this?

You could probably use Java applets, Javascript, or plain old FTP to
do this, but the PHP component would be pretty non-existent, so I
dunno what more could be said about that here.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm