Andras,

<input type=hidden name=item[] value=apples>Apples <input type=text
name=qty[] value=0> <input type=text name=price[] value=0>

Will get you where you need to go on the HTML side of things, then on
the back end you need to process each array.  By setting a default value
of 0 for the qty, you force users to change the values, but you also
keep your arrays intact and easier (IMHO) to deal with.

Wolf