I am a bit new to Objects and Recursion
Any push in the right direction is appreciated

Generated from Pear's mimedecode, I have an object whose print_r is:
http://www.siren.cc/dev/object.txt

The function below will correctly traverse the object and find the 'correct' node.
Unfortunately, it is a little beyond my understanding at present. :(

Is there a way to debug the below function to echo how it is traversing the object ? For example, how would I echo the key names and values while it is traversing ?

The hope is that something will click and I'll finally wrap my brain around this

many thanks

function getBody(&$part, $primary = 'text', $secondary = 'plain')
{
$body = false;

if (is_array($part)) {

foreach($part as $subpart) {
if (! $body = getBody($subpart, $primary, $secondary)) {
continue;
} else {
return $body;

} else {

if (isset($part->parts)) {

return getBody($part->parts, $primary, $secondary);

} else {

if ($part->ctype_primary == $primary && $part->ctype_secondary == $secondary) {
return($part->body);

return $body;