When using PHP 5.1.4 under FastCGI and using mysqli, we are seeing
that the connections do not close (filling up the max_connections
limit for MySQL 5.0). In fact, the number of connections to mysql
quickly become GREATER than the number of FastCGI processes.
Restarting apache (and thus fastcgi) takes them out.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can't imagine anyone with this
configuration not noticing this. Another server with 5.1.2 is fine.

Considering this knocks out all webservers connecting to the database,
I think this is a critical bug in PHP 5.1.4. I'd like to know if
anyone else has this issue or not before I spend a couple hours
reverifying it.

Thanks!
-steve--