Ok, I have modified my code a little bit. Stut, yes, output buffering was on by default (4096). I *think* this will work. It appears to be the same as before - still redirecting appropriately:

<!-- index.php -->
<? ob_start(); ?>
<head>...</head>
<?
include ($subPage);
ob_end_flush();
?>

The subpage does not change any, only index.php. I am basically "holding off" on displaying the stuff between ob_start() and ob_end_flush(), unless it's header information. That way, if the subpage needs to redirect, it can without errors. Correct?

Thanks to all for your help!
~Philip