Hi,

I'm setting up an event calendar for an organization, and I'm running into
several problems.  Firstly, there seems to be no standardization in the
event listings - by this I mean that some events are single days while
others span several days - some events have only one start time during the
day while others have three or more.

I have the database setup in MySQL already to cope with the different
listings, however, I want to use a PHP script (version 3.0.16) to display
the information in a web browser.  This part mostly works, I say mostly,
because it displays everything in the database that satisfies the search
(in this case by the month, then by the event).  I would like to have
someway of making the PHP script determine if there is a value in the table
and if not, to not display anything.

An example is as follows:

Event A begins at 10:00AM and goes to 11:30AM, then begins again at 3:30PM
until 5:00PM.  While Event B simply begins at 1:30PM.  In this example I do
not want the second time block to show up for Event B, but I do want it for
Event A.

I hope this does not come across as too confusing, but I've been working on
it all weekend with my limited beginners knowledge of PHP.

Thanks
-Tim