João Cândido de Souza Neto wrote:
If you look at carefuly, you´ll see that i´ve two problems in the same function.

1 - This function add blank spaces at the beginning of the string.
2 - This function rounds the $var value and it can causes meny troubles.

Ok, I've already checked that number_format will not output spaces based on the calls you gave. Here's that script since it seems you don't believe me - try it yourself...

<?php
   // This tests whether number_format is adding spaces
   print "'".number_format("3000",2,",",".")."'\n";
   print "'".number_format("300",2,",",".")."'\n";
?>

As for the rounding thing, it does appear that number_format will round the number before displaying it. To avoid this you'll need to manipulate the number using the string functions.

-Stut

PS. Please do not just reply to me directly.