Thanks for your replies.

1. Did you put the enctype="multipart/form-data" into the FORM tag?
Ans: I do not have a form! I'm using a gateway utility to upload files

From documentation of Mbuni MMS gateway:

post-url
Response content is obtained as result of sending a HTTP POST request to the
provided URL. The POST message is *always* encoding (such as that used by a
web browser when an HTML form has the submitted using the
multipart/form-dataenctype=multipart/form-data parameter set). If
http-post-parameters field is given (see below), then the relevant
parameters are sent as part of the request. *X-Mbuni* headers are sent as
well.

http-post-parameters
Used in conjunction with post-url. Parameters are provided in the same way
as would be provided in an HTTP GET request (e.g. *
message=true&myname=test&image=%i*).

2.  Have you tried simply saving $_POST['userfile'] to a file?

    $save = $_POST['userfile'];
    $f=fopen($out,'a');
    copy($save, $out);

Nothing is copied. Opened file is empty.

Pls suggest
KM

On 5/31/06, Rabin Vincent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/31/06, kartikay malhotra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, with Mbuni MMS Gateway (which provides HTTP POST),  the above
> condition in if loop isn't satisfied. I think $_FILES isn't working.
However
> the following code works:
>
> <?php
>
> $in='/usr/share/wallpapers/alien-night.jpg';
> $out='/tmp/alien.jpg';
>
> if(isset($_POST['userfile'])/* || $_FILES['userfile']['size'] > 0*/ )
> {
>
> $f=fopen($out,'a');
> echo "HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO";
> copy($in, $out);
> }
>
> ?>
>
> This implies, $_POST works, and a file has been uploaded. I  however, do
not
> know how to access it

Have you tried simply saving $_POST['userfile'] to a file?

Rabin