(sorry for the dup kartikay, forgot to hit reply to all;-)
So is the file going from server to server or from a client machine to the
server? It sounds like server to server - which if that's the case you can
use headers_list() to see what your server is going to be sending out to the
other server ( http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.headers-list.php) -
otherwise you can use the get_headers() function
(http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-headers.php)
see what headers the client sent you along with the file.

-Joe