You could do it by dynamically generating an image.

Mike

Niels wrote:

On Sunday 04 June 2006 15:30, tedd wrote:

[snip]

You can dynamically generate a table and place text (and/or color) the
cells that are nodes -- that would be my approach. You would need to know
the width and depth of the tree and then just fill in the cells that are
nodes.

hth's

tedd

Yes, well... It's a tad more complicated I think. Yes, I can make a table,
finding the dimensions shouldn't be a big problem. Placing the nodes in the
right cells isn't as easy, and making the connections is downright
difficult.

A problem with using a table is that cells can't be individually sized.
However DIVs or TDs is a minor problem. The major problem is to walk
through the tree properly (recursively probably), and remember the
connections. And then rendering them...

Thank you for your answer,
Niels