On Monday 05 June 2006 00:41, Rabin Vincent wrote:
> On 6/4/06, Larry Garfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Only  if delete.php is a confirmation page.  Never ever ever have a
> > delete function that operates solely by GET.
> >
> > Here's why: http://thedailywtf.com/forums/thread/66166.aspx
>
> Yes, I've seen that one before. IMO the main problem there
> is the faulty authentication system. If you put delete links
> public, and fail to put proper authentication in place, someone's
> going to delete your content, no matter if the delete action
> is a POST submit button or a GET link.
>
> I don't see how POST is better/more secure for a delete action.
>
> Rabin

Data-modification actions should always be made via POST, not GET, because
they're harder to make by accident that way.  They can't be bookmarked or
easily picked up by spiders and search engines.  GET should be used only for
read-only actions.  That's what it's for (GETting data).

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson