Niels wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a set of nodes. Each node has a parent and so the set can be thought
> of as a tree. I want to show that tree somehow on a webpage, served by PHP.
> I cannot use Dot/Graphwiz for various reasons. What I'm looking for is an
> output of DIVs or tablecells, showing the nodes and their connections. It's
> not a trivial task, IMO, but doable. Possibly somebody has already made
> something similiar, but I can't find anything on Google. Can anybody point
> me to helpful information?

I might be late to the party but have you thought of trying the YAHOO UI lib
(treeview widget) it even allows you to dynamically load subbranches as they are
expanded (AJAX lovelyness):

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/treeview/

I have used (and extended) the treeview code with great success (ok so I'm
biased ;-)
- if nothing else the guys at YAHOO have done a great job in showing how one
can use
prototyping (more or less the javascript equivalent to classes) to build [very]
robust
javascript libraries.

<testament to="YAHOO JS Lib being rather good">
I have made the YAHOO javascript lib(s) part of my core [reusable] js codebase
- the
only downside is that its a bit embarrassing hwo the YAHOO stuff has made alot
of my
own js code redundant :-P
<testament>

<disclaimer>I have nothing to do with YAHOO apart from occasionally harassing
one of their system architects (sorry Rasmus) about things not related to
YAHOO</disclaimer>