On Tue, June 6, 2006 12:15 pm, Rob W. wrote:
> Ok, Here is my next problem.
>
> Inside my database, I have a list of ip's of about 10 blocks

Some databases, such as PostgreSQL, have native data format of IP and
functions to deal with them...

I don't suppose you are using one of those? :-)

> 192.168.100.0 all the way though 255
> along with
> 192.168.101.0 though 255
> and
> 192.168.102.0 though 255
> and soforth
>
> My problem is, is i'm trying to figure out a pattern to match so I can
> count how many ip's are in each block and display them.

Your Regex should probably be pretty simple...

Something like:
([[::digit::]])\.([[::digit::]])\.([[::digit::]])\.([[::digit::]])

Though god only knows what your db needs to grok that, or if it even
CAN do that...

> So far what I have gotten is a stristr match but it's not working
> correctly. I have a variable that basically weed's out the last digits
> of the ip it's self from help previously
>
> So my code so far is:

Oh.

Well if you want to do this in PHP in a loop, instead of in the DB
like it should be done, check out http://php.net/preg_match and find
an example of IP quads in there somewhere.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm