On 08/06/06, Ben Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello All,

I'm using a form (method="POST") to collect 30 boolean values from the
end user using a series of checkboxes in the form. The form is
arranged in a table so that the 30 check boxes are not a long list but
rather three columns (with related items columnized). The problem is
when I iterate through the $_POST results:

The order in which I wish to present the checkboxes to the end user is
different than the order I want to have in the $_POST super global and
subsequently when I dump that information out to a text file.

What would be the best way to solve this?

1) Is there a way to present the checkboxes in a certain order, yet
have the data transmitted into the $_POST super global in a different
order?

2) Does it make more sense to process the $_POST super global array
and reorder the items within the array?

3) Some other method?

Thanks for any advice.

- Ben

You can access the values in the $_POST array in any order, so if you know
the checkbox names why not output them in the order you want? Or I am being
dumb here?