At 4:44 PM +0300 6/8/06, William Stokes wrote:
>I have a form that a user can use to edit www pages. Page content is stored
>in DB as a HTML code. First user has to select, from <select> menu,  which
>page to edit. Then the selected page content html is retrieved to a
><textarea> where it can be edited with tinyMCE editor. Then there's two
>buttons. Publish to save the edited content back to DB (no problems there)
>and Preview to open the full page layout in a popup window. The problem is
>that I can't pass the edited data from the <textarea> to the popup window.
>Here's last (desperate) attempt:

-snip-

>When I echo $page at the preview.php window it prints some of the data to
>page and some to address line??? And this is not even the edited data. I
>should pass The variable $Edited but I can't get it to work

My opinion is that you're running into the classic problem of how to get
javascript variables into php variables.

As I see it, you have three ways to do this (anyone think I'm wrong, please
correct me):

1. You place them into your dB with js and then pull them back out in php:

<http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/Loading-JavaScript-Arrays-with-MySQL-Data/>

2. You use ajax and plug the js variables values into like php variables. If
you want to go this route, it's not complicated -- I can demonstrate. Please
let me know.

3. You can try in your html using an id="Edited" for js and a name="Edited" for
php -- it worked for a previous like-problem posted on this list. But I don't
know if it's applicable in your case.

hth's

tedd