yes, as I said in an earlier post, I used to have 30 if ($key)
statements, one for each checkbox, in the order I wanted to write them
in. This is not optimal because: (a) it is a ton of code, (b) the
checkboxes could in the future increase in number, change order, etc.
and then I would have to recode this section to match. The solution I
used to solve this was to remove the table, put all the checkboxes
into <div> elements, float them into columns and now they appear in
the same order as before when they were in a table, but they write to
the $_POST variable in the order that I want.

- Ben